item25


Library

Origin of Name
Algonquin

First Village
Board Minutes

Crimes
and
Murders

Civil War Era

Auto Races
Hill Climbs

Algonquin Maps

Disasters
Floods, Fires,
...

Pioneer History

Organzations

Historic Calendar

Famous People

Churches

Immmigrants

Family History
Obituraries

Test

Questions or Inquiries

m2
m3

Algonquin Historic
Commission

January 1, 1863

Blizzard caused many deaths for farm animals and great hardships on villagers.

Janury 2, 1846

Andrew Cornish dies. Second settler to arrive in the villages history.

Janury 3, 1863

Cornish Ferry becomes Cornishville for the postal area.

Janury 5, 1846

Blizzard stops all trains for two days.

Janury 9, 1901

River Bridge is rebuilt. Bridge is the best super structure in the county.

Janury 11, 1912

Cold day. The Milk froze on the way to Borden Milk Factory and the gas lines froze.

Janury 12, 1865

Civil War town meeting to find volunteers. Paid each volunteer $300 to enlist.

Janury 15, 1874

Free Methodist Church forms and members have their first service.

Janury 16, 1836

HcHenry County is approved by the state legislature.

Janury 16, 1940

Lions Club received it's charter.

Janury 17, 1868

First Congregational Church is dedicated. Rev. Hall becomes the first pastor.

Janury 19, 1914

First major Bowling Tournament at Seyk's Tavern (7 South Main Street).

Janury 20, 1820

Women's Club is establishes a village library which now is our public library.

Janury 21, 1858

First lodge meeting of the Masons at 104 S. Main Street (now Algonquin Apartments).

Janury 24, 1901

First telephone calls were possible to Chicago from Dvorak and Lehky general store.

Janury 25, 1900

Robert E. Haeger won awards as leading breeder of Barred Plymouth Rock chickens.

Janury 27, 1894

Ice storm closes all the local schools.

Janury 27, 1898

Robert E. Haeger signs a pro baseball contract for $180 and expenses in the Southern Leagues.

Janury 28, 1818

Third blizzard hits during January. Railroad snow shovelers threaten to riot when their rations don't arrive.

February 1, 1902

Historic Village Hall opens at 2 South Main Street at cost of $6847.00.

February 3, 1891

Village board orders all dead animals removed in 30 days from the village limits.

February 3, 1918

German aliens must register at the Post Office if 14 years or older.

February 4, 1919

Village Board sends Chicago Northwestern a speed ordinance for trains traveling through the village.

February 7, 1857

Fox River floods Main Street and washes away the railroad bridge.

February 7, 1911

Village Board allows the building of an electric light plant to supply electricity to the town.

February 9, 1977

Algonquin State Bank was robbed of $ 8,000.

February 11, 1904

Algonquin Citizen newspaper was sold to the Crystal Lake Herald.

February 12, 1904

Algonquin High School beats Hebron in basketball. The sore was 18 to 15.

February 12, 1849

Algonquin Township was organized.

February 15, 186-

Algonquin's Captain William Henry is discharged from the army.

February 21, 1866

Algonquin Hotel has calico party. Cost of $ 2.00 for dinner and dance.

February 21, 1921

Women's Club is establishes a village library which now is our public library.

February 22, 18

Gould's Algonquin Butter and Cheese Factory burns downs. Loss was $ 7,000.

February 22, 1889

Early pioneer of 1835, John Gillilan who was brother of Samuel Gillilan died in Lincoln, Nebraska.

February 24, 1844

Episcopalians hold first meeting and 20 years later build Algonquin's first church.

February 25, 1850

Congregational Church holds its first church service.

February 25, 1890

Village is incorporated.

February 29, 1905

Average temperature in February was 18 degrees making it one of the coldest in history.

January Historical Events

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

February Historical Events

March Historical Events

May 1, 1907

Van DerAue opens a hotel on corner of Algonquin Rd and North Harrison St. called Riverview.

May 2, 1890

J.D. Keyes is appointed the first constable and road commissioner.

May 4, 1891

James Philp, Esq. returned from his trip around the world. Lived at 400 Washington St.

May 5, 1911

J. Barta caught five rainbow trout in the Fox River.

May 5, 1944

Ordinance passed to outlaw women from being bartenders.

May 6, 1895

Sodas were raised to 10 cents at the drugstore.

May 7, 1975

Town meeting held for laying out town lots along North Main St and Algonquin Road. Original town.

May 7, 1903

Village bandstand is built in the Town Square next to the Historic Village Hall.

May 9, 1903

Melbourn Circus pitches tent just below the cemetery on Main Street (next to the Borden Ice House).

May 11, 1898

Wintermute Circus arrived in town.

May 11, 1911

Band of Gypsies passed through town.

May 15, 1884

Fox River is lined with fishermen catching Silver Bass.

May 15, 1918

Gypsies left town and a lot of money is lost.

May 16, 1905

Hill Climbs are canceled due to rain and rescheduled for the fall.

May 17, 1864

Election of Lincoln. Algonquin voted 324 votes for Lincoln and 72 votes for McClellan.

May 17, 1901

H.A. Benthuysen caught a 4.5 foot Gar in the Fox River.

May 19, 1898

Professional baseball player, Rob Haeger's career is cut short by the outbreak of the
Spanish-American War.

May 20, 1904

A rattlesnake was killed on James Lowe farm which was just north of Algonquin..

May 20, 1976

Algonquin State Bank is robbed of $ 10,000.

May 22, 1834

Black Hawk War Treaty is signed and most of the Indians leave McHenry County and pioneers arrived.

May 23, 1906

Five Pickerel are caught in the Fox River by B.C. Getzelman and C.C. Nason.

May 24, 1865

Algonquin volunteers in the 15th Inf. took part in the Grand Review of troops in Washington, D.C. which signaled the end of the War of the Rebellion.

May 27, 1886

A rattlesnake was killed by W. Bourke while building a fence.

May 30, 1901

Algonquin Citizen newspaper was only six months old and stopped printing.

March 1, 1876

St. John's Lutheran Church is organized.

March 1, 1902

Morning light service is stopped by the electric company.

March 2, 1920

Peter Brothers Company changes name to American Ironing Company.

March 3, 1865

Hubbard Addition (eastside of river) is added to the village.

March 3, 1916

Algonquin High School is recognized as two year High School.
Changed from four year high school previously.

March 4, 1915

Prairie Chickens were heard north of the village.

March 4, 1915

Brick Mill is torn down behind 2 South Main Street.

March 7, 1881

First mail in five days after massive blizzard hits the area. Snow fell for two days and two nights.

March 9, 1958

Catholic Church moved from the temporary church to east side basement church located in the school.

March 11, 1887

Newspaper editorial complains of horses being tied from 8 am to 5 pm, fights in the streets and saloons.

March 12, 1914

Suffragettes meet in Columbia Hall for readings by Willing Workers of the Congregational Church.

March 17, 1904

First Telephone Exchange located in Anderson Restaurant.
A call to Elgin costs a dime. Town had 14 telephones.

March 18, 1874

Algonquin Mutual Fire Insurance had capital of $ 50,000. Company is still operating in 1997.

March 21, 1872

First Municipal Code is published.

March 23, 1904

No electricity, Fox River rises 12 inches in 12 hours due to heavy rains.

March 24, 1890

First Trustees elected and John Peter was elected first Village President.

March 25, 1907

Marshal Yerkes almost burns down the town's water reservoir by buring the grass nearby. Roof is replaced at cost of $ 355.

March 26, 1813

St. John's is dedicated as new church built by Architect Abell who is well known..

March 27, 1913

Public schools close because of Scarlet Fever and measles epidemics.

March 28, 1881

Algonquin Butter and Cheese Factory opens after being rebuilt in two weeks after fire.

March 31, 1904

Fox River floods the village. The flood reaches Harrison Street.

April 3, 1890

First Ordinances were enacted at the first regular Village Board meeting.

April 3, 1856

Hubbard Addition is annexed into the village.

April 5, 1933

Algonquin State Bank is allowed to reopen after Getzelman and Keyes loaned $7,500 to the bank.

April 6, 1861

Algonquin Volunteers in the 15th Inf. fought at the Battle of Shiloh.

April 7, 1904

Villagers votes to have electricity shut off at Midnight by vote of 62 to 52.

April 7, 1908

Historic Village Hall is insured for $127.50 by B.C.Getzelman.

April 8, 1865

Algonquin volunteers in 95th Inf. assault and capture Spanish Fort near Mobil, Alabama.

April 10, 1872

Village of Algonquin was formed under general law.

April 13, 1898

Baseball pro R.E. Haeger from Algonquin pitched against Chicago for New Orleans and lost 10 to 3.

April 15, 1952

Village asks Curtiss Company to remove chicken raising plant from 104 S. Main Street.

April 16, 1898

Baseball pro R.E. Haeger pitched against Mobile for New Orleans and won 7 to 3.

April 20, 1964

Police Chief Bau retires after 27 years of service to the village.

April 21, 1868

First church erected in Algonquin. Episcopalian Church is dedicated at 302 Washington St.. Paster is Peter Arvidson.

April 25, 1881

Great Easter Flood waters reaches Main St. Railroad bridge is washed away. Newspaper account

April 26, 1885

James Stewart died in prison. Murdered William Frost near the present Miller Road and Randall Roads.

April 27, 1880

First telephone is installed in area. Cost of the buying a telephones was $ 2.00.

April 30, 1933

Village asks citizens to change to daylight savings time.

April Historical Events

June 1, 1837

First election for McHenry County officers was held.

June 1, 1905

Mail delivery to local farmers around Algonquin begins.

June 1, 1915

St. Margaret Mary Church on Harrison Street is dedicated. The church has 26 families.

June 2, 1909

Earthquake strikes the region. Dishes and chimneys are affected. There is no major damage.

June 3, 1908

Bokin Brothers circus came to town.

June 3, 1960

Congregational Church dedicated addition along Washington Street.

June 4, 1891

John Wandrack catches a 10 lb. Pickerel and 8 lb Wall-eyed Pike in the Fox River.

June 5, 1917

Local men over 21 must register for the draft at the Historic Village Hall.

June 6, 1884

First ice cream parlor in the Chunn Building at 208 South Main Street opens.

June 6, 1884

Women's Club builds cement seat at Mineral Springs now called Towne Park.

June 8, 1911

Algonquin Hill Climb Cup is won by Eddie Hearne in a Benz automobile.

June 10, 1890

Algonquin Cheese Factory is hit by lightning and burns down.

June 10, 1890

Dr. Nason passes away after 50 years of service to the village as a doctor and governmental servant.

June 11, 1910

Algonquin High School changes from four to two year High School.

June 12, 1902

Tornado strikes the Episcopal Church, boat house and destroyes 30 trees.

June 13, 1985

TWA 847 is hijacked by Shite Muslims with local St. Margaret Mary church members on board.

June 14, 1903

Fox River produced 3 lb and 7 lb Pikes which were caught by John Calbow.

June 15, 1929

Camp Algonquin opens with 1,400 mothers and children visiting the camp the first year.

June 16, 1911

Algonquin High School graduates one student, Mabel Rattray.

June 18, 1855

Fox River Valley Railroad is constructed through town.
Later the railroad became part of the Chicago and Northwestern railway system.

June 19, 1919

Homecoming Parade is held for the World War One veterans.

June 23, 1877

Meteor lit up the sky and exploded into blue and red lights.

June 23, 1913

Algonquin State bank is incorporated with $ 25,000.

June 24, 1898

Heavy rains wipe out Main Street bridge and floods Main Street during the night due to heavy rains.

June 26, 1909

Stereopticon lecture on "Colorado and Irrigation" was held in the town.

June 27, 1864

Algonquin volunteers in 36th Inf. participated in Battle of Kenesaw Mountain.

June 30, 1917

Barn dance was held to raise money for the Red Cross efforts during the war.

June Historical Events

July Historical Events

July 1, 1985

TWA 847 Hostages were released after 18 days by Shite Muslims.

July 1, 1913

Algonquin State Bank takes over the Bank of Algonquin.

July 2, 1905

D.W. Thomas extended electricity to town. Electric street lights are turned on.

July 3, 1905

Congregational Church is wired for electricity.

July 6, 1840

Village and County wanted to join Wisconsin because of high taxes.

July 7, 1938

Borden Milk Factory is torn down. It was located near the bike path and north of Jefferson Street.

July 8, 1976

Special census was taken. Population of Algonquin was 3,962

July 11, 1915

St. Margaret Mary's Catholic Church placed their corner stone for the building at Crystal Creek and Harrison Street.

July 12, 1839

Postal system changed from Cornish Ferry to Denny's Ferry which was north of the village.

July 13, 1840

William Powell buys land from Plumleigh and begins a hotel and saloon for travelers.

July 14, 1913

Duensing Brothers buy Fitzek General Store on southeast corner of Algonquin Road and South Main Street.

July 15, 1909

Electricity was extended to the top of the hill on North Main Street

July 15, 1909

Bounties are given for Woodchucks- 25 cents , crows- 10 cents and crow eggs- 5 cents.

July 16, 1909

Algonquin Business Association is charted.

July 16, 1903

City dwellers come to see Water Lilies blooming in profusion along the Fox River.

July 17, 1916

Wilbrandt sold meat market to Warnecke after 20 years.of service.

July 17, 1920

Algonquin VFW Post 670 receives its charter.

July 18, 1912

Gas lines are extended to eastside of the river.

July 19, 1864

Algonquin volunteers fighting with 36th Inf. fought in the Battle of Peachtree in Georgia.

July 23, 1840

The government changes the mail from Denny's Ferry to Cornish Ferry.

July 23, 1915

Old Lutheran Church is razed for new building..

July 25, 1887

Elgin parties came and made candy in the public square where the Historic Village Hall is located.

July 25, 1902

Bosco's trained wild animal show came to town. Cost was 25 cents.

July 26, 1911

Algonquin High School gets steam heat.

August Historical Events

August 1, 1880

E. Snook caught a large pickerel in Fox River.

August 2, 1880

Cold spell has towns people using overcoats.

August 2, 1904

Algonquin passes its first speed laws.

August 3, 1965

Houses are ordered to connect to the sewer lines or be condemned.

August 4, 1888

Temperance League has the first meeting at the Congregational Church.

August 5, 1845

William Powell sells saw mill by the river for $25.00 to Alex Dawson.

August 5, 1909

Algonquin Hill Climbs draw 25,000 visitors to watch famous drivers fight for the trophy.

August 8, 1904

Early frost destroys some of the local crops.

August 9, 1906

The fish chute is closed on the dam so the Olympia tour boat can bring visitors up the river.

August 9, 1907

Stearn's Six and Apperson Jack Rabbit establish new records for the Hill Climbs.

August 10, 18

Villagers form a Republican "Arthur and Garfield Club" for the Presidential Election.

August 11, 18

Two trains from Elmhurst bring people for picnics.

August 13, 18

Newspaper is upset about pigs running down the streets.

August 13, 18

Richard Gillilan passes away. He is last of the original settlers.

August 15, 18

The Hill Climb was won by Frank Leland in his Stearns Six Cylinder.

August 17, 1877

A hail storm destroys the local crops and windows.

August 17, 1895

Great Fire of 1895. Fire caused two deaths and destroyed the Chapell Mansion with three
other stores.

August 19, 1897

Fishermen are finding Redhorse and Perch plentiful. A very large bass was caught by a woman.

August 21, 1906

Milk train collides with a coal train in town. There was a hugh mess to clean up.

August 22, 1905

Early frost kills much of the local corn crops.

August 23, 1888

Walter Philip caught 13 Black Bass in the Fox River, each averaged 2 pounds each.

August 24, 1905

New electric arc lamps were installed on village streets.

August 24, 1915

Village votes to purchase Mineral Springs from the Philp Estate which later is renamed Towne Park.

August 25, 1904

Strong man comes to town and lifts 600 pounds with his little finger.

August 26, 1835

Town holds its first funeral when Deidra Gillilan died at the the age of 15.

August 31, 1886

Railroad shipped 37,000 cans of milk from this village.

September 3, 1905

Two thousand Bohemians from Chicago come in three trains to picnic in town.

September 4, 1837

First Town Meeting. Andrew Cornish pays $5 for his ferry license.

September 4, 1962

Algonquin Junior High School opens with 630 students. Later renamed Algonquin Middle School.

September 5, 1911

First Volunteer fire department is established.

September 5, 1962

Mendelssohn-Shakespearean School of Music opens in town.

September 6, 1838

Samuel Gillilan, first settler in the villages dies at an age of 40 years.

September 6, 1938

Illinois Bell installs automatic telephone service.

September 10, 1908

Gang was caught that attacked and robbed the Forn Brothers who lived west of town near Jacobs High School.

September 12, 1888

Local factory makes 200 pounds of butter and 300 pounds of Cheese each day.

September 12, 1912

St. John's Lutheran Church lays a corner stone for a new church.
Church was designed by well known architect W.W. Abell.

September 13, 1905

Morton House which was located at the northwest corner of Main and Algonquin installed
steam heat and gasoline lights.

September 14, 1893

Plumleigh's Brick Mill (flour mill) is dismantled behind the Historic Village Hall.

September 14, 1898

First motion picture is shown at the Congregational Church.

September 15, 1907

Fox River fishermen caught dozens of Black Bass. Some of the fish were 4 pounds each.

September 16, 1910

The Hill Climb was won by Arthur Greiner driving a National race car.

September 17, 1914

Citizens of Algonquin petition the village board to purchase Mineral Springs for a village park.

September 18, 1939

Lion's Club has first meeting at Simonini's Restaurant at the northwest corner of Main and Algonquin.

September 20, 1908

The large fires in Michigan and Wisconsin cause irritating smoke in town.

September 21, 1881

A Pike is caught by John Wandrack in the Fox River. The fish's weight was 8.5 pounds.

September 25, 1912

National cattle sale by R.E. Haeger brings cattle dealers from California to New York to buy Holsteins.

September 26, 1895

First water system was built after the disastrous fire that burned the Chapell Mansion down.

September 30, 1909

Miss Phoebe Dunn who was the giantess of Barnum Circus dies. She lived on North River drive.

September Historical Events

October 1, 1886

Post Office opens at 122 South Main Street under Frank Adamek. Present address in 150 So. Main St.

October 1, 1897

Post Office opens at 201 South Main Street under Mary Wandrack.

October 2, 1907

Ordinance against dynamite, gun shooting or gasoline in the town limits is passed by the village board.

October 3, 1911

A. E. Rathbun is appointed the first Fire Marshal.

October 4, 1889

Pingry Hotel was bought by Ed Morton and renamed the Morton House.
Later it was bought by Simonini.

October 4, 1914

Cattle show awards are almost all won by R.E. Haeger with his Holsteins.

October 5, 1914

Chicago Northwestern Railroad built a new train depot at Jefferson Street.

October 6, 1856

Free and Accepted Masons form a new Lodge No. 256.

October 6, 1893

Columbia Hall has a grand opening.

October 7, 1890

Village board passes sidewalk ordinance.

October 7, 1901

A. Fitzek caught record 75 Rock Bass in one hour in the Fox River.

October 11, 1902

Fox River fisherman, J. Young caught an 8 pound Pickerel.

October 11, 1942

Boat Club has races on Fox River.

October 12, 1880

Ague and malaria are prevalent around Algonquin.

October 13, 1904

Chicago Northwestern trains hired armed train men to stop the robberies.

October 17, 1909

United Western Gas and Electric lays gas line through town to Woodstock.

October 18, 1906

AT & T setting poles from Chicago through town to Minneapolis.

October 20, 1912

Hill Climb for motorcycles is attended by 100 bikers.

October 21, 1909

Amateur Hill Climb is won by A.W. Griner with a Thomas Flyer

October 25, 1913

Ambrose Dodd dies, settled in village in 1845. Paid off mortgage of the Congregational Church.

October 29, 1910

L. Wenholtz retires after 30 years running a general store, located in Algonquin Apartments for many years at 104 South Main Street.

October 31, 1901

Electricity is furnished by Henry Keyes to the village. The first bill was $53.70.

October Historical Events

November 1, 1949

Speed Limit lowered to 5 mph for Algonquin Road and Main Streets.

November 4, 1884

National Election results were- Blain 175 votes, Cleveland 71 votes, and Harrison 72 votes.

November 5, 1865

Episcopal Church hold its first service.

November 5, 1901

Village puts in two electric lights in the city jail.

November 6, 1902

Whooping Cough is making both young and old suffer.

November 7, 1890

John Janak hauls gravel to build up the town roads.

November 7, 1907

The Fox River is frozen over. This is the earliest in history.

November 9, 1915

Many local farms are quarantined to stop the "Foot and Mouth" disease.

November 11, 1952

Village asks Curtiss Hatchery to remove chickens in one year. It was located behind the Algonquin Apartments.

November 12, 1907

Morton House at the corner of Algonquin and Main Streets is fitted with steam heat.

November 13, 1901

Dvorak & Lehky's store is first to have electricity.

November 14, 1863

Village decides to build brick school at the cost of $3,854 for two rooms. Located at the northwest corner of Washington and North Harrison Streets.

November 14, 1907

Blacksmiths form a Union. Local blacksmiths are its leaders. Does not stop the loss of business due to cars.

November 15, 1901

Peter N. Wollaver caught two Salmon Trouts in the Fox River.

November 16, 1882

Pool room opens at the southwest corner of Algonquin and South Harrison Street

November 17, 1904

Train viaduct is completed west of town across Algonquin Road.

November 18, 1838

First white settler, Sam Gillilan arrived and starts farming north of the village near the cemetery.

November 19, 1840

First child born in the county was Charles Dygert on a farm 2 miles west of town.

November 22, 1880

Episcopal church's Rev. Arvidson dies. The church bell is hung and rung for the first time in
the Episcopal Church during his funeral.

November 23, 1996

New Village Hall located at Harnish Drive, has open house and ribbon cutting.
Later renamed Ganek Municipal Center at 2200 Harnish Drive

November 24, 1881

Telegraph comes to the village and Herb Brink is appointed the operator.

November 25, 1865

Algonquin volunteers in 36th Inf fought in the Battle of Missionary Ridge.

November 25, 1896

Minstrel show is given at Columbia Hall on South Main Street.

November 25, 1915

First Catholic Church, St. Margaret Mary is dedicated. Located on Harrison Street at Crystal Creek.

November 28, 1914

Wild Man terrorizes the local farmers. A manhunt finds only bare foot prints.

November 29, 1889

Grand Opening for Ed Morton's Morton House which becomes nationally known restaurant and hotel.

November 30, 1878

William Frost is murdered. Steward murdered the victim for $110 just west of town.

November 30, 1865

Algonquin volunteers in 36th Inf Regiment fought in the Battle of Franklin as a rear guard.

November Historical Events

Dcember 1, 1880

lgonquin has many cases of pneumonia and typhoid fever.

Dcember 3, 1909

Gas Mains were laid by 30 men.

Dcember 3, 1843

State denies the application for the town's name to be Osceola. Name was already taken by another town.
The citizens then decided on the name of Algonquin.

Dcember 4, 1905

eter Building landmark which was a general store burns down.

Decmeber 5, 1908

Scarlet Fever epidemic closes schools for four weeks.

Decmeber 7, 1837

Overcrowded Virginia Precinct is divided into McHenry, Nipersink and Kishwaukee.

Decmeber 10, 1903

Borden Milk Plant workers strike and 10 hour days are cut to 9 hour days.

Decmeber 11, 1837

Cook County is split from McHenry County.

Decmeber 11, 1901

Scarlet Fever epidemic closes schools.

Decmeber 19, 1912

Village begins putting in first sewer lines.

December 23, 1847

Algonquin approved for postal office.

December 26, 1862

Algonquin volunteers fighting with 36th Inf. were in the Battle of Stone River.

December 26, 1895

First water system is tested by Richard Gillilan.

December 28, 1893

Lutheran parsonage burn down while pastor was sick in bed. The pastor did manage to escape the fire.

December 31, 1892

Doldest December recorded. Average temperature was 18.2 degrees.

December Historical Events

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

May Historical Events