Riverview Hotel & Fitzek Cigar Shop
100 West Algonquin Road
- Anton Fitzek built a cigar factory in 1897. Moved back of hotel in 1898, cost $2,525.
- Charles Van Der Aue was barber who had his business bottom floor in 1898. Charles Van Der Aue opens second hotel with 10 rooms.
- Riverview Restaurant and Tavern is demolished for right turn land in 2000.
- Riverside Square building is started in 2006 by Aspen Homebuilders, Inc.
- Aspen Homebuilders files bankruptcy and building sits vacant until 2015.
- 2015 Grand Opening of Riverside Plaza for 63 apartments with developer Bruggleman.
Fitzek Cigar Factory
Riverview Restaurant & Tavern